SpecIT™ IVSM is a technology specification and selection tool allowing you to record the detailed functionality of current applications (as identified using SpecIT™ Portfolio), specify actual requirements against a template of some 37,000+ functionality points, undertake a gap analysis of current applications versus requirements, compare actual requirements against the capabilities of over 2,000 "packaged" applications and shortlist those most appropriate to your requirements.
SpecIT™ IVSM Features
- Technology Specification & Selection
- Quickly gather detailed functionality requirements (37,000+ functionality points) and compare with the capabilities of over 2,000 "packaged" applications.
- Specify the requirements of multiple entities e.g. countries, companies, divisions etc.
- Ability to consolidate all of the specifications into one at the press of a button.
- Report back to the individual operating units to show how their requirements are met by the consolidated specification.
- Define an organisational specification process and methodology ensuring a consistent approach is applied for all projects.
- Gap analyses - build versus buy, prioritising development.
- Managing releases and maintenance costs of internal systems.
- Purchasing tool - IT (e.g. hardware).
- Automated and paperless tendering tool to manage all the interaction with vendors.
- Process validation tool.
- It can be used as in-house skills database.
- Enables you to compare vendors on a like for like basis.
- Application Repository
- Record the functionality of existing applications so that they can be treated as a potential vendor.
- Benchmark the capabilities versus requirements.
- Establish where there is crossover in functionality between applications which could highlight duplication of information, redundant functionality etc.
- Enables you to view projects undertaken by other companies within the same organisation.
- Due diligence in M&A
- In conjunction with SpecIT™ Portfolio, evaluate the applications of the target organisation.
- If successful, it can than be used to compare against your own applications to establish which are the most appropriate.
SpecIT™ IVSM Benefits
- Financial / Cost Reduction
- Significantly reduces the costs of undertaking a specification and selection process.
- Reap the benefits identified as part of your ROI months earlier than the more traditional methods.
- Reduces the requirement for internal business analysts.
- Ensures you don't overpay.
- Ensures that you pick the right product.
- Reduces the costs of handling RFP's through a web driven paperless process.
- Minimises any external consultancy costs.
- Aids the implementation process by reducing the requirement for business analysis of requirements by implementers.
- Implementation can be much quicker because supplier can use the output to design required business processes.
- Ensures that a consistent methodology and process is enforced across all projects. IVSM is flexible to allow each organisation to define their own methodology.
- Audit trail of the whole process.
- The right product is selected for the right reasons.
- Independent advice. MMG does not receive commission or charge vendors.
- Covers the whole market in terms of software vendors.
- Helps nullify internal politics.
- Used as a post-implementation checklist, ensures system complies with business requirements.
- Ensures that the application meets your architecture / technical standards.
- Due Process
- IVSM has over 37,000+ functionality points.
- Incorporates best business practice. Clients and IT vendors are constantly adding to the functionality covered by IVSM.
- IVSM not only looks at application functionality but also at the architecture / technology.
- Modelling capabilities enable you to define your own criteria.
- Enables a gap analysis between current capabilities and future requirements enabling a business case to be rapidly developed.
- The vendors all respond in the same format enabling an 'apples for apples' comparison.
See who else is using SpecIT™ IVSM