In our experience even the most efficient and best organisations do not have totally accurate technology inventories with information normally residing in a multitude of different places (e.g. on paper, in spreadsheets, in the general ledger, in an asset register etc.).
With this in mind, SpecIT™ Portfolio has been developed as an easy to deploy, rapid implementation application that allows an organisation to hold all relevant data, including budget and actual costs, regarding all of it's IT investments (software, hardware, general infrastructure, projects etc.). Furthermore it allows the user to evaluate each IT investment to calculate a health score or, in the case of projects, a risk / benefit score enabling meaningful decisions to be taken which are completely in line with business strategy.
SpecIT™ Portfolio Features
- Catalogue all your applications detailing type, status, costs, "health" evaluation, business process, interfaces, dependencies, strategic fit etc.
- Compare the functionality of products within the same category e.g. you may have a number of payment systems. You can record the functionality of each, highlight business critical areas and compare the applications side by side.
- You can compare the functionality of multiple applications where there is an overlap in functionality.
- In a due diligence scenario you can quickly build up a picture of your target organisations' application and server portfolio and compare with your own.
- Central repository for all applications and servers allowing informed consolidation decisions to be made.
- Link dependent applications and servers.
- Constantly monitor the potential for server rationalisation.
- View actual cost of ownership against budget.
- Link business processes to applications.
- View all projects in one location
SpecIT™ Portfolio Benefits
- Ability to evaluate each application according to an unlimited number of criteria and determine the relevant course of action (e.g. retire, maintain, replace, invest etc.).
- Ability to identify duplicate applications and determine which is the best fit, identify redundant applications and consequent rationalisation.
- Ensures any cost savings from rationalisation are achieved more quickly and managed more effectively.
- Dramatically increase the amount of information collected during a due diligence exercise for you to make better informed decisions.
- Assess the importance of all applications, servers and projects in terms of benefits and risks.
- Global view of applications, servers and projects.
- Prioritisation of projects that will deliver the strategic objectives.
See who else is using SpecIT™ Portfolio